Thursday, March 11, 2010

Now that is love

As I was rounding the corner this morning on my way to the store, I noticed a pigeon standing on top of a dead pigeon in my neighbor's driveway.  I could not believe it.  I turned the car around and ran home to get my camera (note to self - need a little point and shoot for this very reason!).  So I return and he is still there, standing so protectively over his mate.  I get my camera set, quietly get out of my car, and as I bend down to snap the picture, he flies away carrying his mate with him.  Amazing.  I did not know that pigeons were so loyal.  It struck me that we should love our loved ones like that... caring, loyal and attentive... everyday, not just after they are gone. Thank you for the little reminder God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment