Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Getting Things in Oder

I am in a "my life is unorganized" funk... and when that happens I start purging "stuff" from my life. I think of all these projects I need to get done (and often they are not big ones) but don't take action. I don't know if it is Fall or what, but I have been slowly just tackling one little project at a time... like cleaning out the medicine basket and throwing away the stuff that is so out of date it is pre-kids (and I even found one bottle that dated back to pre-marriage - good heavens!). And you know what, it took only about 30 minutes and it felt good! I just started spray painting the footstool I found at an antique store.

I think "staying home with kids" can often feel like you aren't accomplishing anything. At least for me it does. Don't get me wrong, I know how lucky I am and I get the big picture ...I am there when they get home and hear first how school was; I am there in the morning when Lizard (my 1st grader) tears up and tells me she does not want me to leave her at school; I get the out-of-the-blue neck crushing hugs from Little Man... but in the day to day stuff of life, I often don't feel like I accomplish much.

So, my goal is to just do something on my never- ending list every day. Accomplishing something tangible each day will help me to see the intangibles of being there for my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment