Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Next Year Goals

Well, I have not been very good about writing down my thoughts and that darn menu plan.  I still menu plan as always, but I’ve decided I will not put it on my blog – it does not seem necessary to me after all.

Lots has been swirling around in my head and I not been too focused.  I could blame it on the hussle of the Christmas season, but I won't.  That is too easy.  It is not Christmas and all that goes with it.  It is simply my thinking lots of things and not taking the time to write it down.  But that will be changing with the New Year.

Chief and I have come up with an idea for our family for 2010… not really New Year’s resolutions, but more of goals we are striving to work on this year (so I guess you could say they are resolutions, sort of). The girls seemed excited about it and Lizard immediately came up with a few for herself.  I am still formulating mine but the big ones I have are:

Read the entire bible by January 1, 2011
My small group of women from our church who get together once a month for a Girl’s Night Out are going to do it together with a "girls weekend at the beach" for those that complete it as the reward – how fun is that?  Click here for the schedule I am going to follow.  Chief is going to do it with me too!  I have never read the entire bible, only bits and pieces based on the bible study I am doing at the time or from sermons.  I am really looking forward to the lessons God is going to show me through this.  Thank you Jennifer L. for encouraging us all to do it.

Lose 35 pounds by September 1, 2010
I am going to take the “Move More, Eat Less” approach… with “real GOD made” food as the focus and eating less sugar, eating more fruits and veggies and more protein and eating smaller portion sizes as my guide. I do not want to follow some rigid “diet” – I just want to eat healthy at least 80% of the time.  I am going to loose about 5 pounds a month which is about right – nice and slow!

Launch photography business by March 1, 2010
I have done three official photo shoots for friends (oh what fun it was!) and feel I am ready to put myself out there as a beginning photographer for hire.  I need to develop my website, get the legalities in order and begin to advertise.  It will be so fun to see what happens with this!

Some other ideas swirling around up there are… keeping to a regular blogging schedule, more topical writing on the blog, developing a regular chore schedule for the kids (I have done them in the past, but they always seems to fall by the wayside), following the Ramsey plan for our family better and lots more. There are both big and small goals in the works, but all ones I want to work on incorporating into our Goal Plan.

So… I’d better start reading my bible so I stay on task with my first goal… 2010 here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go posting your goals! I usually find that once I put them out there it is hard to not follow through since I don't want to fail in front of others. Love the blog and can't wait to see what else you post. Especially the meal plans since I will need to steal some. Your beef stroganoff is sooo yummy and so easy.

    ReplyDelete