Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Psalms 6

Love this one - "do not rebuke me in anger"... "my soul is in anguish"... "the Lord has heard my weeping"... we were reading last night together as a family and I was reading out of Lizard's children's bible this Psalm.  It is straight and to the point. Let's just say it hit a cord and I started crying - wow. I should say this was after a particulary difficult afternoon with the kids with some "fine parenting moments" on my part (said with much sarcasim) and I was not feeling like the a good Mom (or even a semi-good one).  I am learning that God puts passages in front of me at just the right moment. Even today at the first day of bible study, the speaker hit me right between the eye with her words, or should I say God's words.

And, the kids loved reading together. It was a very nice way to end a difficult day.

No comments:

Post a Comment